Flights and Bites
March 12 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$200
Join us for this brand new, exclusive wine and food event on Seneca Lake. This event is quite unlike any event we’ve ever hosted, so please be sure to read the description carefully before purchasing tickets and certainly, before attending the event.
About the event
This event takes place on Saturday, March 12. It is a one-day event that will take you to 5 wineries for seated, immersive food and wine pairings.
How it works
You will select a predetermined grouping of 5 wineries with seatings scheduled for 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 2:30pm. You can preview the event itineraries here. Then, purchase your table of 4 based upon the itinerary you choose. You have 60 minutes to taste, purchase, and travel to the next winery to be seated for the next tasting. We grouped wineries together in the itineraries so that travel time is as manageable as possible, but you will want to mind the time to ensure you arrive at each winery on time.
Upon arrival at each location you will be treated to a seated wine and food pairing, featuring three distinct, tapas-style dishes, each served with a thoughtfully-paired wine. You’ll be led through this tasting experience by a knowledgeable, experienced staffer. The entire experience is designed to be interactive and conversational, so feel free to ask questions and share your comments! Along with delicious food and fabulous wine, you’ll truly enjoy the intimate nature of this event.
IMPORTANT: sticking with the timed itinerary is imperative in order to keep things flowing, so please mind the time as you enjoy your visit around the Trail. Because of the structure of this event and restrictions of space related to COVID-19, if you are late for an appointed time, you will not be able to be accommodated.
$200 plus taxes and fees, for a bundle of 4 tickets. Why in bundles of 4? Since all tastings take place while seated, we wanted to maximize event attendance but do so safely. Due to COVID-19, tickets are sold in bundles of 4 so that you are only within less than 6 feet of event attendees that you know and with which you are comfortable being in close proximity.
When you place your order, you will only need one name for the ticket order. This is the person who will have to be present at the start of the event, with their photo ID to check in with the rest of the group.
This event is not open to groups of more than 4 people. Ticket bundles cannot be broken up.
Participating Wineries & Pairings
Anthony Road Wine Company
Bagley’s Poplar Ridge Vineyards
- Zuppa Toscana Soup paired with 2020 Dry Riesling
- Stromboli paired with Dave’s Big Red
- Macaron paired with Baco Noir
- Bubbly Dry Riesling with a House-made frozen yogurt paired with Bubbly Dry Riesling
- Coffee cake muffin paired with Cabernet Franc
- Crostini with bleu cheese and pepper jelly paired with #198 Reserve Riesling
Chateau LaFayette Reneau
- Greek grass-fed beef meatball with garlicky tomato sauce, feta, and mint paired with our 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chicken piccata meatball with lemon-caper sauce, parsley gremolata, and Romano, paired with Seyval Chardonnay
- Asian pork meatball with soy sesame dipping sauce, pickled red onion and carrot, and scallion 2019 Semi-Dry Riesling
Fox Run Vineyards
- Roasted Vegetable Crepe paired with 2019 Kaiser Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay
- Seared steelhead trout over butter poached potato with preserved lemon glaze paired with 2020 Cabernet Franc
- Pulled Duck BBQ Slider paired with 2019 Semi-Dry Riesling
- Deviled Eggs with Salmon Gravlax paired with Chardonnay
- Garden Veggie Mini Quiche paired with Zweigelt
- Crème Brulee paired with Matinee
Glenora Wine Cellars
- Carciofi alla Grigliak: grilled artichoke heart, served on a bed of mixed greens, drizzled with a Glenora Seyval Blanc vinaigrette -paired with Glenora Seyval Blanc
- Stuffed Chicken Breast: spinach, peppers, prosciutto, Boursin cheese, with roasted red potato. Finished with a Glenora white wine sauce-paired with Glenora Siegerrebe
- Cabernet Chocolate Truffle: rich and smooth chocolate, infused with Cabernet Franc – paired with Glenora Oak Free Cabernet Franc
- Smoked Salmon Tartine paired with 3Generations Riesling
- Seasoned Lamb Kebabs paired with Lemberger
- Apricot & Muenster Croquettes paired with Valvin Muscat
Miles Wine Cellars
- Hummus Paired with Dry Riesling
- Curried Butternut Soup Paired with Ghost Wine
- Lemon Mousse Paired with Caché
- Herbed and Lively Goat Cheese served on a “Toast”ed Baguette paired with 2019 Unoaked Chardonnay
- Mustard BBQ Pork Tenderloin paired with the new release (!) 2021 Pét Nat Sparkling Pinot Noir Rosé
- Chesapeake Dill Seafood Medley paired with 2019 Dry Riesling
- Shrimp: grilled leeks – cracked pepper risotto – bernaise – pecorino motif, paired with Tocai Friulano
- Braised beef: tomato and red wine ragu – roasted mushrooms – green beans, paired with Sangiovese
- Gnocchi: blue cheese cream – grilled greens – champagne vinaigrette. Paired with Silver Chardonnay
- Savory Herb & Three Cheese Tartlet, paired with Dry Riesling
- Pesto Chicken Crostini with Tomato Relish & Tuscan Cream Cheese, paired with Grace House Pinot Noir
- Lemon Bar with Raspberry Rosé Syrup, paired with Riesling Select