- This event has passed.
Flights and Bites
March 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
posted 3/10/22 and also emailed to ticketholders on file:
After careful consideration, we are maintaining our long-standing and well known policy that we do not cancel events due to weather. Flights and Bites will proceed as scheduled for Saturday, March 12.
Wineries will work hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible. We would ask our wonderful guests to please do your best to be on time for your scheduled stops. We hope you’ll bring your smile and a little extra patience and grace for local road crews, winery staffers, and your fellow guests. Please allow yourself extra time to travel and use caution as conditions require.
If, as the day unfolds on Saturday, you find yourself unable to get to all five wineries on your itinerary, participating wineries have agreed to honor the wine tasting-only portion of your ticket on Sunday. You will need to present your ticket to redeem your complimentary tasting. The food pairings are only guaranteed to be available on Saturday.
If the weather makes it completely untenable for you to attend, you may apply the purchase price of your table to a voucher for a future Wine Trail event. To redeem this option, please contact the Trail Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-536-2717.
IMPORTANT, by 11am on Friday, March 11: please email email@example.com, and let us know: 1) if you plan to attend or not, and if you plan to attend, 2) how many out of your table of 4 plan to come. We need to send these figures to wineries so they may prepare food accordingly.
It’s been a long year and a half of very few events to enjoy and little socialization. We hope you’ll still come out and join us. We’ll be here, snow shovels in hand and smiles at the ready.
About the event
This event takes place on Saturday, March 12. It is a one-day event that will take you to 5 wineries for seated, immersive food and wine pairings.
How it works
You will select a predetermined grouping of 5 wineries with seatings scheduled for 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 2:30pm. You can preview the event itineraries here. Then, purchase your table of 4 based upon the itinerary you choose. You have 60 minutes to taste, purchase, and travel to the next winery to be seated for the next tasting. We grouped wineries together in the itineraries so that travel time is as manageable as possible, but you will want to mind the time to ensure you arrive at each winery on time.
Upon arrival at each location you will be treated to a seated wine and food pairing, featuring three distinct, tapas-style dishes, each served with a thoughtfully-paired wine. You’ll be led through this tasting experience by a knowledgeable, experienced staffer. The entire experience is designed to be interactive and conversational, so feel free to ask questions and share your comments! Along with delicious food and fabulous wine, you’ll truly enjoy the intimate nature of this event.
IMPORTANT: sticking with the timed itinerary is imperative in order to keep things flowing, so please mind the time as you enjoy your visit around the Trail. Because of the structure of this event and restrictions of space related to COVID-19, if you are late for an appointed time, you will not be able to be accommodated.
Table for 4 People: $216 + fees. Price shown includes 8% sales tax. There is a service fee at checkout.
Why in bundles of 4? Since all tastings take place while seated, we wanted to maximize event attendance but do so safely. Due to COVID-19, tickets are sold in bundles of 4 so that you are only within less than 6 feet of event attendees that you know and with which you are comfortable being in close proximity.
When you place your order, you will only need one name for the ticket order. This is the person who will have to be present at the start of the event, with their photo ID to check in with the rest of the group.
This event is not open to groups of more than 4 people. Ticket bundles cannot be broken up.
Participating Wineries & Pairings
Anthony Road Wine Company
- Ravioli with beet & goat cheese, with brown butter, sage & lemon paired with 2021 Rose of Cabernet Franc
- Herb & garlic rubbed beef with chimichurri paired with 2020 Pinot Gris
- Sugar plum bite paired with Devonian Red
Bagley’s Poplar Ridge Vineyards
- Zuppa Toscana Soup paired with 2020 Dry Riesling
- Stromboli paired with Dave’s Big Red
- Macaron paired with Baco Noir
- Bubbly Dry Riesling with a House-made frozen yogurt paired with Bubbly Dry Riesling
- Coffee cake muffin paired with Cabernet Franc
- Crostini with bleu cheese and pepper jelly paired with #198 Reserve Riesling
Chateau LaFayette Reneau
- Greek grass-fed beef meatball with garlicky tomato sauce, feta, and mint paired with our 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chicken piccata meatball with lemon-caper sauce, parsley gremolata, and Romano, paired with Seyval Chardonnay
- Asian pork meatball with soy sesame dipping sauce, pickled red onion and carrot, and scallion 2019 Semi-Dry Riesling
Fox Run Vineyards
- Roasted Vegetable Crepe paired with 2019 Kaiser Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay
- Seared steelhead trout over butter poached potato with preserved lemon glaze paired with 2020 Cabernet Franc
- Pulled Duck BBQ Slider paired with 2019 Semi-Dry Riesling
- Deviled Eggs with Salmon Gravlax paired with Chardonnay
- Garden Veggie Mini Quiche paired with Zweigelt
- Crème Brulee paired with Matinee
Glenora Wine Cellars
- Carciofi alla Grigliak: grilled artichoke heart, served on a bed of mixed greens, drizzled with a Glenora Seyval Blanc vinaigrette -paired with Glenora Seyval Blanc
- Stuffed Chicken Breast: spinach, peppers, prosciutto, Boursin cheese, with roasted red potato. Finished with a Glenora white wine sauce-paired with Glenora Siegerrebe
- Cabernet Chocolate Truffle: rich and smooth chocolate, infused with Cabernet Franc – paired with Glenora Oak Free Cabernet Franc
- Smoked Salmon Tartine paired with 3Generations Riesling
- Seasoned Lamb Kebabs paired with Lemberger
- Apricot & Muenster Croquettes paired with Valvin Muscat
Miles Wine Cellars
- Hummus Paired with Dry Riesling
- Curried Butternut Soup Paired with Ghost Wine
- Lemon Mousse Paired with Caché
- Herbed and Lively Goat Cheese served on a “Toast”ed Baguette paired with 2019 Unoaked Chardonnay
- Mustard BBQ Pork Tenderloin paired with the new release (!) 2021 Pét Nat Sparkling Pinot Noir Rosé
- Chesapeake Dill Seafood Medley paired with 2019 Dry Riesling
- Shrimp: grilled leeks – cracked pepper risotto – bernaise – pecorino motif, paired with Tocai Friulano
- Braised beef: tomato and red wine ragu – roasted mushrooms – green beans, paired with Sangiovese
- Gnocchi: blue cheese cream – grilled greens – champagne vinaigrette. Paired with Silver Chardonnay
- Savory Herb & Three Cheese Tartlet, paired with Dry Riesling
- Pesto Chicken Crostini with Tomato Relish & Tuscan Cream Cheese, paired with Grace House Pinot Noir
- Lemon Bar with Raspberry Rosé Syrup, paired with Riesling Select