Boundary Breaks Vineyard served this delicious cake with their Riesling during the Trail's 2017 Deck the Halls weekend.
Michele’s Notes: I serve this often because it is so simple to make and even easier to transport to potlucks, picnics, events and tailgate parties. For a fun twist, cut into small bites for petit fours.
(Photo courtesy of Tabrina Schreier)
- 1 small package lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup Boundary Breaks Riesling
- 1 package lemon supreme cake mix
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Boundary Breaks Riesling
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and cool.
- Blend oil, 1 egg, cooled jello, wine and cake mix. Continue to mix well, while adding the remaining eggs, one at a time.
- Grease a jelly roll pan lightly, line with waxed paper and then grease waxed paper. Pour cake mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350°F until done approximately 20-30 minutes. When done, turn cake upside down.
- Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over hot cake. I often sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over the cake just before slicing and serving.