Chicken Pot Pie
Fox Run Vineyards paired their Semi-dry Riesling with this dish during the 2017 Deck the Halls weekend. The recipe includes using some of their Doyle Chardonnay. (Photo courtesy of Tabrina Schreier).
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 quarter cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Fox Run Doyle Chardonnay
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast or thigh meat, chopped 1/2"
- 2 French baguettes, sliced 1/2" thick
- 8 oz. raw milk sharp cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup leaf parsley, rough chopped
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, add the butter, onions, carrot, celery, turnip, garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and wine with a whisk. Add to the cream mixture while whisking then continue cooking, whisking occasionally, for another 5 minutes or until it thickens. Pour into a shallow container and cool completely or overnight.
- Spread a tablespoon of the pot pie mixture on the bread slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and top each with the cheese and parsley mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 7-8 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the chicken mixture is bubbling slightly.
Copyright Seneca Lake Wine Trail