Cream of Mushroom Pasta
2 hours, 30 minutes
Serenity Vineyards provided this recipe during the Seneca Lake Wine Trail's 2016 Pasta & Wine Event. Pairing choice was their 2013 Barrel Fermented Chardonnay, 2012 Semi-Dry Riesling or 2011 Pinot Noir.
- 16 oz. elbow pasta
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ stick butter
- 16 oz. shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss…)
- 1, 10-12 oz. can creamy mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup Serenity Vineyards 2013 Chardonnay (barrel fermented)
- paprika to taste
- In a crock pot, run the stick of butter all over the inside of the dish and leave the remainder in the pot.
- Pour the uncooked pasta, milk, about half the shredded cheese, mushroom soup can, fresh mushrooms, wine, salt and pepper and paprika (optional).
- Cook on low for about 1.5 hours.
- Add the second half of the shredded cheese.
- Cook for another hour on low or until the pasta are cooked. Water may be added if it lacks liquid.
Calories per serving: 546.08 kcal
Fat per serving: 27.92 g
Saturated fat per serving: 15.95 g
Carbs per serving: 47.19 g
Protein per serving: 23.39 g
Fiber per serving: 2.07 g
Sugar per serving: 5.14 g
Sodium per serving: 486.09 mg
Trans fat per serving: 0.9 g
Cholesterol per serving: 79.15 mg
Copyright Seneca Lake Wine Trail